>> Are you craving help to feel more confident using the Google apps everyone else seems to have figured out? They can be used on most types of phones, tablet,s and computers. This course is just what you’ve been looking for!
>> Is your email inbox overflowing? We will learn to snooze emails, use labels, and get off of subscription lists to minimize the clutter.
>> Could you use help getting better organized so you don’t miss important appointments? Learn more about using Google’s Calendar(s) with different viewing options, color coding, and reminders to help you stay on track.
Are you overwhelmed with everything you need to complete in a day? Reduce stress, learn to strategize and prioritize your to-do list, and figure out a system that works for you with Tasks, Keep, and Calendar!
Have you heard about “bookmarking” websites for easy access or signing into Chrome to easily use all your Google apps from any computer? We’ll show you exactly how to do it!
Would you like to learn about a free way to video chat with people who use all types of phones, tablets, and computers? Google Meet may be the solution you didn’t know existed!
Have you ever wished you had access to an important document you forgot at home? We will learn about Google Drive and how to set it up with online folders where you can store files and have the option to use them if you can’t get an Internet connection. There’s even a way to safeguard important family medical documents.
Would you like to learn how to use voice typing in Google Docs if speaking is easier than typing? It’s already included in the free app!
Are you curious about how to create online digital photo albums that you can easily share with others? You can search for specific people or places and help you find images to share within seconds.
Get the friendly, easy-to-follow help you need to leverage the benefits of using Google’s apps and features!
- Take advantage of the strategies and skills I’ve developed as an online tech coach, licensed and certified speech-language pathologist, and assistive technology specialist! I’m also the mother of four adults and very involved in eldercare. I know what it’s like to be pulled in multiple directions simultaneously and short on time. My mission is to help you overcome barriers to success and reduce stress!
- Google now offers many free customizable tools beyond searching for information online. The problem is most people don’t realize these resources exist, especially those who need them the most!
- I’ve structured this updated course so you choose to learn in a variety of different ways. Are you someone who likes to read the information? Prefer to watch videos? Want to interact with others online? Desire 1:1 help? Do you want to print out a short reference guide? We’ve got all that covered!
- Each chapter has material for beginners as well as more advanced Google users. There will be opportunities to read new information and watch videos.
- As a bonus, this course includes a private 30-minute online tech coaching session! I’ll help you determine the features and strategies you need to get you up and running quickly!
- This is a unique opportunity for you to finally figure out a system that works for you!
PAY IN FULL
3 x $99 (biweekly)
Here’s what you will get:
- Well-organized and content-filled chapters covering the basics and optional advanced topics, accessibility features, and implementation strategies.
- Carefully guided lessons to help you strategically start to use free Google apps that can streamline your routines and help you overcome challenges. We will cover Google Keep, Google Calendar, Google Tasks, personal Gmail, Google Maps, Google Chrome, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Photos, and Google Meet.
- Motivating content with relatable stories and scenarios will help you prioritize and implement practical solutions.
- Helpful digital downloads with each chapter for future reference.
- Access to the live Zoom sessions that took place during the initial 5- weeks of this course.
- One 30-minute online individual tech coaching session, scheduled at your convenience, to set you up for success.
- A 10% discount on Joan’s Signature Online Tech Coaching Program called TWIST- Technology with Innovative Speech Therapy.
- A Certificate of completion, upon request, when you’ve successfully completed the course!
This course is for you if:
You could use help figuring out how to sign into Chrome on a computer.
You are a “digital immigrant” trying to become more tech-savvy.
You are trying to help a student or older adult get more benefit from their personal devices.
You are eager to be shown how to stay organized in order to keep up with everything you need to do.
You realize that you need someone else to streamline this process for you. It’s just too overwhelming and frustrating to move forward alone and you are motivated to invest your time and money to get the results you want.
PAY IN FULL
3 x $99 (biweekly)
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn?
What resources do I need and how tech-savvy should I be to benefit from this course?
You need a fast reliable internet connection to access this course on a computer or mobile device and a few hours a week to read new content, watch videos and practice using the apps. This course is designed for individuals who have a basic knowledge of using a computer, downloading content from the internet, and creating online accounts. You certainly don’t have to be a computer expert. Participants will be asked to create a personal Google account, download the Chrome browser and configure settings of devices and apps in order to explore new resources using visual supports that are provided in the course. The most important requirement for this course is that you have the desire to learn new skills and time to explore.
Why should I take this course when the media is filled with stories on how technology can be harmful?
I agree that much harm can come from unrestricted access to online sites, social media and technology. However, individuals with learning, language and cognitive challenges deserve to be exposed in a thoughtful way to everyday assistive technologies and strategies that have the potential to benefit them in life-changing ways. Although it is not the focus of this course, I will provide some suggestions for promoting safe practices as well as resources for learning more on this topic.
How do I know if this is the right course for me?
I developed this course with adults in mind. It can be taken by anyone who want to learn more about getting more value from your computers, tablets and smartphone to make life easier for yourself or someone you are trying to help. It is appropriate for education and rehabilitation professionals as well as families trying to leverage the many benefits of the devices they already own.
Will I be able to view all of the course at once to just find the resources I want to explore now?
Yes. The entire course is now available.
Aren't schools and therapy clinics as well as vocational and rehabilitation centers already doing what is best?
Unfortunately, most individuals who have the potential to benefit the most from assistive technologies are never exposed to the tools that can help maximize independence and success. Funding and training in this area are scarce. This interactive online course is appropriate for everyone interested in learning more about using free Google apps.
What if I can’t afford the registration fee?
Do you offer CEUs or Certificates of Completion?
Who are you?
Hi! I’m Joan. If you want to learn more about me, check out my website , my LinkedIn page, and my Facebook page. I have written several books, speak nationally, and provide a wide variety of unique therapy, coaching and training programs. I am the mother of 4 grown children, owner of a yellow lab and spaniel/ border collie rescue, and an eldercare provider to multiple family members. I have a passion for learning how technology can improve the lives of people young and old with communication, cognitive, literacy and learning challenges.
If you’d like to chat on the phone, please click on the pop-up that appears when you are on my website and pick a time for me to call you! I schedule these sessions up to three days in advance.
Will these tools replace professional consultations?
My books and courses are aimed at making families and professionals aware of the many affordable resources that exist to help improve lives. This course and the books that I have written do not replace the training and judgment of speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, special educators and other related professionals. However, if you sign up for this course, you can receive personal 1:1 online tech advising and coaching sessions at a significant discount.