Group and Self-Paced Learning
Webinars, Workshops and Online Courses
If you are a family member or professional who would like to offer your spouse, child, clients, patients or students help using the tools of technology as a resource to maximize progress, I would be pleased to help!
Avoid the time, money and energy that it would take you to research, select and learn to use technology on your own. Benefit from my many years of experience and expertise. Revitalize your efforts and learn about resources that you may not realize exist. Speed up the learning curve by having apps, software, devices and helpful resources presented to you!
Learn more about using:
- Specialized software and assistive technology to improve reading, writing, talking, listening, remembering, and thinking. These include products using voice recognition, text readers, word prediction, and drill and practice exercises.
- Free web-based interactive sites which can help improve communication, learning and executive functioning.
- Technology tools such as the iPad, recording pens, Smart Phones, and computers.
- Apple, Google and Microsoft apps and accessibility features.
- Local, national and online resources to promote self-advocacy.
These training sessions are ideal for:
- speech-language pathologists
- occupational therapists
- recreational therapists
- technology coordinators
- graduate students
- social workers
- case managers
- academic development Specialists
- educational consultants
- reading specialists
- special educators
- learning disabilities teachers
- school counselors
The software programs and devices are designed to help those who support and guide individuals who may have experienced or still have
- a brain insult such as a stroke, closed-head injury, tumor, or aneurysm
- a progressive degenerative disease such as Parkinson’s, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or multiple sclerosis (MS)
- a cognitive decline
- poor performance in school
- work-related challenges unintelligible speech
- dysfluent speech
- difficulty learning English as a second language
- a developmental delay
- developmental apraxia of speech
- intellectual impairments
- a learning disability
- a voice disorder
- hearing impairment
- low vision
Become skilled at:
- Generating an enjoyable and stimulating home practice program to compensate for and improve communication and cognitive skills.
- Developing alternative compensatory strategies with an emphasis on the most appropriate technology.
- Accessing community resources to help improve overall quality of life.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Book an appointment and complete the information requested to provide information about your situation and training needs. You may be a rehabilitation or educational professional who is interested in learning to use technology such as an iPad in your practice or work setting or a family member who wants to learn to help someone else reach their goals faster using technology.
After reviewing your interests and needs, I will provide you information about relevant upcoming or recorded webinars, workshops or online courses, or we can discuss creating a customized learning opportunity to meet your needs.