Happy summer, everyone! We hope you’re finding some time to kick back, relax, and recharge.
We’ve got an exciting line-up of events and opportunities that we’d love for you to participate in this summer. Our dedication to harnessing the power of technology to overcome communication, learning, literacy, cognitive and productivity challenges remains as strong as ever.
Tech Talk with Joan
Do you find technology bewildering but know it could solve many challenges in your life? Sign up for a free 15-minute phone consultation where we can discuss ways you can get more out of your devices. This is a perfect opportunity for students preparing for high school or college, parents of younger children who need help developing communication and cognitive skills, older adults who want to stay connected, or anyone looking to improve efficiency and productivity in their business or daily routines. Here’s the link to book your spot: Chat with Joan Green
Webinar: Unlocking the Power of Tech for Reading
Join us on July 19th, 2023, at 1:00 PM ET for a free webinar exploring technology options for those struggling with reading due to dyslexia, visual impairments, attention management challenges, and more. Register at TheyMayNotKnow.com.
Empowering Seniors with Tech
If you’re interested in helping seniors harness the power of technology, we have two opportunities coming up:
- Join us on July 12, 2023, 10:00-11:00 AM ET, for our “Using Technology to Stay Connected” presentation. This event is perfect for seniors and their caregivers. Register here. It is co-sponsored by Capital Senior Solutions and the Charles E, Smith Life Care Communities.
- Interested in becoming an ElderTech Advisor or Teacher? Join our free Zoom meeting on July 11, 1:00 PM ET, to meet like-minded individuals and learn about upcoming opportunities to provide this urgently needed service. Reach out at Joan@innovativespeech.com for more info and the Zoom link. This opportunity is perfect for SLPs, OTs, tech specialists, teachers, administrators, activity directors, tech tutors, and others who are ready for a change. I’m looking for motivated individuals interested in helping seniors become more competent and confident with personal technologies.
Diamonds in the Rough Conference
For educators and professionals working with students with special learning needs, Joan will be presenting with Dr. Adam Pletter on The Promise and Perils of Technology for Our Students on Fri. Oct. 20th. This event is an incredible opportunity for educators and professionals working with students with special learning needs. Learn more and take advantage of the early bird discount at wegdiamonds.com.
Assistive Technology Network of Greater Washington
Are you an assistive technology specialist in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Virginia? Let’s connect. Our first Assistive Technology Network of Greater Washington (ATNGW) meeting is scheduled on Zoom on July 27, 2023, at 7:00 PM. Get in touch at Joan@innovativespeech.com for the link.
Overwhelmed by Paper Clutter?
If paper clutter is a problem, check out this powerful Masterclass by C. Lee Cawley, a Certified Professional Organizer. If you attend live, you’ll receive a special bonus: an Ebook, “The Secrets to Set Up Your Desk for Success”. Register here. (affiliate link)
Tune into Podcasts?
If you’re into podcasts, catch Joan Green on the following recent episodes:
- Growing Older Living Younger with Dr. Gillian Lockitch– Episode 108
- Telepractice Today with Kim Dutro Allen & K Todd Houston– Episode 144
- The Autism Outreach Podcast with Rose Griffin– Episode 130
We hope you take advantage of these opportunities to unlock the potential of technology. It’s the perfect time to explore, practice and level up tech skills before Fall routines enter high gear. Let’s thrive together this summer!